Linked In Profile Search

About Me

I am kinda dreamy and this is one of the reason I can write stories. I strongly believe that life has many amazing things to give you and it depends on the perspective of an individual. I have a positive approach towards life and feels very fortunate to be a women, a daughter, a wife and a mother. I love writing though not regular. This is my own world and I enjoy this space where I can share and express my feelings ..my thoughts. Hope u enjoy reading..Dont forget to comment if you like any article or poem :)

Friday, February 10, 2012

Re-energizing Cup of Tea


 It’s really very well said that “There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea…By Bernard-Paul Heroux” and this is the clue given by the bestseller author Preeti Shenoy for this Tuesday 3. We are eagerly waiting for her 3rd book launch “Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake”  

You Rock Preeti!!

It was the time when I was in class 10th. I was not amongst the bright students but was quite good with my scores. I never studied the entire year to be the topper but loved to play in the last over, when the exams dates are declared. But this time the situation was different since I was appearing for S.S.C board exams and I was very well aware of my parent’s expectations to get the best marks to enhance my career.

Exam dates were out in the month of December, when we were freezing with so much cold and I would love to be in my cozy bed and enjoy sleep…but I had only 2 months time in hand to grasp, to remember anything and everything of my syllabus. Growing expectation of family members made me little anxious and I started getting nervous.
 
Generally I like to study in night when everybody sleeps and I get a pin drop silence. So as per my task I choose my favorite subject Mathematics that night. I started well but as I go further things became nasty. I felt like I am getting confused and as if all the equations and formulas are dancing in front of my eyes. I could not concentrate; my mind was a total mess. A bad headache started teasing me. My mother came just to check if I need anything, she went back when I answered I want nothing. I again tried to solve the equation forth time hoping this time it would be correct but sadly it was not.

Suddenly I could hear a strong aroma of Tea and what I saw a hot cup of Black tea on my table. I was happy as I badly needed that. As I took the first sip I felt relaxed and calm. I was totally refreshed by the time I finished it. With full confidence and zeal I took the same equation again and this time I succeeded. I was overjoyed. I guess my mother understood me better and her cup of Tea has filled my energy back.

Since then it’s like my routine. Me, my studies and my cuppa Tea !! I scored distinction in SSC and was honored to fulfill my parent’s expectation.

I have seen the magic of Hot Cup of Tea till I finished my degree course. And even today I loved to have Tea with or without company…

Now only studies books have been replaced by other books but what’s remaining the same is Me and my hot cup of Black Tea..

Cheers to all Tea lovers!!!   



7 comments: